Ape Escape: On the Loose, known in Europe as Ape Escape P, and as Saru Get You P! in Japan (サルゲッチュ P!) is a remake of Ape Escape, and was released on the PlayStation Portable in 2005 ~ 2006. This new version features several changes since the initial release.
This list contain notable changes between Ape Escape, on the original PlayStation, and this remake.
- A new Enemy Book is available, describing enemies, aside from the Monkey Book.
- Casi's Data, a bunch of quotes and expression are available only in the japanese and PAL versions. Those can be found through the yellow USB key in the Save/ Load computer, just after the enemy book.
- There are 4 minigames available: Specter Boxing, Ski Kidz Racing, Ape Ping Pong and Jake Attacks.
- Specter Boxing and Ski Kidz Racing have been updated and heavily modified.
- Galaxy Monkey has been removed, for unknown reasons.
- Strangely and interestingly, Jake's hairstyle has also changed, also for unknown reasons.
- Most voice acting has been rerecorded, but sometimes they reuse the original voices.
- Due to the PSP not having a Right Analog Stick and a L2 & R2 Buttons, the controls are different. Spike now jumps with X, but now players can only equip 3 Gadgets instead of 4.
| || || |
|Ski Kidz Racing||10|
|Ape Ping Pong||40|
|Characters||Casi · Jake · Natalie · Professor · Specter · Spike|
|Gadgets||Dash Hoop · Magic Punch · Monkey Radar · R.C. Car · Sky Flyer · Slingback Shooter · Stun Club · Time Net · Water Net|
| || |
|Prehistoric Era/ The Lost Land||Fossil Field · Primordial Ooze · Molten Lava|
|Cenozoic Era/ Mysterious Age||Thick Jungle · Dark Ruins · Cryptic Relics|
|Dimension/Dimension X||Stadium Attack|
|Primitive Age/Oceana||Crabby beach · Coral Cave · Dexter's Island|
|Ice age/New Freezeland||Snowy Mammoth · Frosty Retreat · Hot Springs|
|Dimension/Dimension X||Gladiator Attack|
|Recent Past/Medieval Mayhem||Sushi Temple · Wabi Sabi Wall · Crumbling Castle|
|Present-Day/Futurama||City Park · Specter's Factory · TV Tower|
|Present-Day 2/Specter Land||Monkey Madness|
|Dimension/Dimension X||Peak Point Matrix|