Galaxy Monkey is the third mini-game which can be unlocked in Ape Escape.
Galaxy Monkey is an arcade game where the player control a flying saucer (with a monkey in the cockpit) to destroy enemies. The left analog stick controls movement and the right stick directs shoots lasers. The player can choose between the gray flying saucer (if the player insert the DualShock controller into the port N°1) or the red flying saucer (if the player insert the DualShock controller into the port N°2)
Normal Play Edit
The normal mode is a never-ending mode which always follow the same pattern and increases the enemy number until the level MAX is reached. After this, the game will continue.
3 Minute Time Attack Edit
The goal in this challenge is to make the highest score.
The best strategy for this is to obtain power-ups early in the minigame, in order to increase the UFO's shoot laser number (up to 3).
This can be done by waiting a few secondes when the first two UFOs appears (or waiting until they go over the High Score green text) in Level 1 in order to get the first power-up.
The second earliest power-up is available at Level 3 where the monkey needs to wait until Bloata (or the giant pig) go over the red lines (even after they disappear.).
This sheme can be reproduced through the whole minigame.
| || || |
- How to obtain the red UFO?
Just plug the DualShock controller into the Port N°2.
- When the Normal Mode is finished?
It's a never-ending game. After MAX level, the game continue but without increasing enemy number.
- Some Spheroids appears randomly in the beginning. How to force them to appear, in order to earn 5024 points?
It is currently unkown.
- Galaxy Monkey is unavailable in Ape Escape: On the Loose. It has been replaced by Ape Ping Pong. The reasoning behind this modification is most likely because Galaxy Monkey was a Twin Stick Shooter, but because the PSP lacks dual analogs, it was cut.
- It's a never-ending game.
- Power-ups are generated randomly. However, it has been discovered that they can be generated by waiting few seconds each two level cycle (first cycle is when two UFOs appears on the top, second cycle is when 2 Bloatas appears on the left.)
- Spheroids can appear randomly, early in the minigame. How to force them appearing is currently unknown.
|Characters||Casi · Jake · Natalie · Professor · Specter · Spike|
|Gadgets||Dash Hoop · Magic Punch · Monkey Radar · R.C. Car · Sky Flyer · Slingback Shooter · Stun Club · Time Net · Water Net|
| || |
|Prehistoric Era/ The Lost Land||Fossil Field · Primordial Ooze · Molten Lava|
|Cenozoic Era/ Mysterious Age||Thick Jungle · Dark Ruins · Cryptic Relics|
|Dimension/Dimension X||Stadium Attack|
|Primitive Age/Oceana||Crabby beach · Coral Cave · Dexter's Island|
|Ice age/New Freezeland||Snowy Mammoth · Frosty Retreat · Hot Springs|
|Dimension/Dimension X||Gladiator Attack|
|Recent Past/Medieval Mayhem||Sushi Temple · Wabi Sabi Wall · Crumbling Castle|
|Present-Day/Futurama||City Park · Specter's Factory · TV Tower|
|Present-Day 2/Specter Land||Monkey Madness|
|Dimension/Dimension X||Peak Point Matrix|