Hi, welcome to Ape Escape Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Talk:Ape Escape Wiki page.
- Great, Do I need to make modifications on it, like adding things (stars, etc.) or just leave it as it? :)Golden Specter (talk) 18:45, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
Oh, um.... did you want me to upload the logo, or did you want to? I may be able to, but if you want to and are unsure how, I could always explain it XD Also, for a favicon, I've been trying to think of the most iconic icon of the series. I got pipo helmet, banana, and a Pipo Monkey/ape. Did you think about this part yet? Chrismh (talk) 20:13, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I cannot upload the logo, as far as I can know. Only the founder can... Right? I might be wrong xD
By the way, for the favicon, I thought about the same Specter that on the Wikia logo. But I have others, I'll upload some and let you decide which one could fit better.
A banana could be too much childish, maybe we can put a monkey/ a character (Spike/ specter/ etc.)?Golden Specter (talk) 20:18, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
Hm... I like the monkey since its recognizeable and would be good for the wiki. But the Specter is also the same... plus I adore Specter DX Which one do you personally like? Chrismh (talk) 20:33, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- My pseudo betray my thoughts xD But both can fit very well. A monkey is a classic idea for an Ape Escape Wiki. Specter is "more original" than an ape.
Maybe we should try Specter? We can always make modifications if necessary :)Golden Specter (talk) 20:37, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I'm sorry if I've not been around lately. With our freak weather changes lately, I keep getting sick. Anyway I was just letting you know that I am still here XD I'm just recovering from a stupid mini-cold. Chrismh (talk) 07:56, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Hey, how are you? No problem and no need to apologize for this, maintaining a Wiki isn't something we can always do on a daily basis. I hope you'll recover soon enough :)
Besides, I tried to bring a brand new Main Page, as well as uploading new pics and adding Infobox to some pages. I'll try to upload extracted renders from some characters, objects and gadgets too:)
See you soon --Golden Specter (talk) 15:40, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
Cartoon Specter [SOLVED]Edit
XD It isn't fan-made. A stupid english Cartoon involving the antics of Specter and his Apes was made but it didn't last too long I don't think. I personally didn't get to see it, but I wasn't very interested in it to begin with so I didn't watch it, nor could I find it on anything to watch it... Chrismh (talk) 05:40, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh okay, good to know it. Apparently, there is countless of cartoon based on the Ape Escape franchise xD --Golden Specter (talk) 07:01, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
Oh yeah, besides the cartoony one an anime was made too. I was watching it for a little while but then I got totally confused and couldn't keep up with it anymore DX Chrismh (talk) 07:50, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Haha, sure, those Ape Escape animes are usually hard to understand. I tried to watch Saru Get You on Air too, but I gave up after trying to figure out what was happening. xD--Golden Specter (talk) 07:59, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
Ape Escape 1 Encyclopedia Layout [Solved] Edit
A good thing will be to duplicate the existing in-game AE Layout, and to make a template from it. Then we'll really be able to have a "virtual Ape Escape encyclopedia"
- I figured this out! I'll need to use a table with 2 invisibles columns. One on the left for the pic, and the right for the skills & level informations! I hope it'll work, I'll give it a try later!--Golden Specter (talk) 21:41, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
Ape Page Edit
I think that the Ape page should be merged with every other level. Then, in Fossil Field (for example), we'll provide informations about the level, and any Ape that can be catched in this level. --Golden Specter (talk) 08:19, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
Speaking of Wikia skills...Edit
I really like the virtual encyclopedia idea thingy, on this wiki :3 I wish I could help but I don't think I can. I'm usually good with Wiki's and all but I can't make boxes worth a damn. I mean... I just can't figure them out and when I try to make them or whatever, they don't come out right DX
Anyway I do have a wiki skill related question, I was wondering just how skilled you were though. It's something I need help with since I can't figure it out, and when I tried to search for answers I couldn't find any either... Chrismh (talk) 00:16, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I actually have beginner skills on Wikia. The fact is that I'm learning through viewing other Wikia's source, and then I copy and past, and try to figure out how to change parameters, and how those parameters affect the result. There is also the learning center that can help you to enhance your skills: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Contents
- But the best way to learn is actually to try and understand as much as you can, and why not to ask other skilled people when you have something wrong in your source. You'll make plenty of mistakes, and things won't always be like you want them to be, but that's the price if you want to learn :p After you'll be able to solve more and more issues from your source code and make things much better than you were coding them in the past. Golden Specter (talk) 07:04, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
Well actually, my problem is an... actual problem I think. When I make certain pages on my other wiki, I check them at a later date and they'll be wrote up in Source Mode. But I write everything strictly in Visual since it's easier. But I can't find out why the pages are changing into Source mode when I know I didn't do it. I check history and nobody else has done it either. I tried to look for an answer but I just can't find one. Chrismh (talk) 07:15, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, if you change between visual to source, you'll see plenty of differences, like the picture, where you'll find this '[[' and File:Blablabla (dot) png, etc. It's normal since the visual mode actually code this for you, but without showing it to you (that's the goal :p) Sometimes the source doesn't change so much, other times you'll see plenty of differences.
- I write only via Source mode now. I was doing like you before, but it ended up in learning nothing, and I wasn't to figure out even how to add a picture :p
- That's why I suggest you to write from source mode only, or to go to a Sandbox (a page without importance, like a "debug" page or a "TEST PAGE") and to try many things ;) That's how I do in order to learn. Then you'll get more familiar with the source mode and you'll be able to figure out many much more things :)
Golden Specter (talk) 07:27, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
Well no, thats not it. I've tried to use Source mode but I don't like it. I'm more of a visual person, so visual mode is good for me and it works. I don't want to learn how to use source mode, I want to be able to find out WHY my page is magically changing from Visual mode, to Source mode. Chrismh (talk) 21:22, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I understand, you should choose the mode you're more comfortable with. But I cannot really figure out how to help you here, since I do not really understand the actual problem between Soure and visual. The form is always different from Visual to source, and what you can see in Visual doesn't match to the actual source code.
Golden Specter (talk) 12:02, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
New Message Edit
Yeah, I'm so sorry DX A whole bunch of... to put it bluntly, shit has come up that I had to deal with. We've been doing a lot of things up at my grandma's, I've been getting sick again, we also had to babysit my uncles dog... bascially, I just have been kinda busy. But things have all slowed down now and I feel a lot better, since I'm being more cautious now and less careless about going outside :3
Anyway I was checking out whats been going down on here and I honestly adore it. I don't think it's childish or anything, it's cool and fun!
Sometimes promoting takes time :3 I've made a whole bunch of wikia, I know how that goes. You got your crowded busy times and then you have your small to none times. Yes, I realize that is indeed a problem, a lot more fans are liable to go onto that one but I still think ours/this one has better qualitiy in terms of some/most pages. I know if we do more work we'll eventually snag a wider audience. I understand that merging would be an idea, and I did have to do it before with another wikia that I took over (for the better mind you. It's awesome now because of me XD) but, I'm not so sure how that would work. I mean, I really love this one's designs and stuff, what if they don't like it and would want to change it?
I'll consider it, but I think we may still have a shot somewhere...
- That's depressing to see that you were sick again and had a lot of shit to deal with, but I'm happy to see that you feel a lot better now :) Just make sure to take care of yourself and be careful about going outside.
- About the design, good thing to know that you like it, I plan to work more on it (like to display much more characters (& extract their renders) and links to cartoon (but I'll have to extract their logos, for those who have one at least XD)
- Sure, it takes a lot of time to promote our wiki ^_^ I've added links on every Ape Escape's Wikipedia page, it can bring many people (I hope).
- Concerning the merging option, I'm only interesting into redicting the domaine name here (i.e. apeescape.wikia) and gathering people, rather than the content (which is indubitably in a higher quality here)
- I don't really know so much about the merging process (I only had experience with adopting one Wiki so far, Plok!), and to know that you have an experience with the merging process is very usefull, but when we'll discuss with others about merging them, the conditions will be limpid and very clear:
- We'll keep sarugetchu as the main domaine, and apeescape.wikia will only be kept for redirecting here.
- We will keep everything from here (i.e. design, content, pages, pics, etc.)
- Now, if people don't want to deal with this, then we'll keep everything as it is now.
- I might leave a message on apeescape wikia as a first try (if it will be enough to bring people, we might stop at this step if merging will be complicated), and the only admin doesn't seems to have logged in since almost one year.
- But I'm sure we'll find a way to fix this :)
See you next time :)
Golden Specter 11:36, May 9, 2013 (UTC)